Description

Food, Humor, and Restaurant Reviews are what this blog is all about. You'll find humorous stories, delicious recipes that are tried many times over before I place them on my site. My Golden Chef's Hat are what I use to rate each Restaurant I visit. A 1 is the worst, a 5 being the best. Feel free to leave comments on the Restaurant in question if you've ever been there!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rockland Cafe, Rockland Maine

Rockland Cafe 
Main St (Highway 1 North)
Rockland, ME 04841


Being a Chef I love to try new and old Restaurants. Places that people tell me, “I have to try” due to them being around for years and years. Okay, granted 50 plus years is a long tiime, but that doesn’t make it a “town must eat” place. After all who knows how many times it has changed hands over the years.

So anyway, we went and tried Rockland Cafe. First thought when I walked in was, DIRTY. No one sat us we sat ourselves at a dirty table since no one was making a move to clean it. Menus are already on the table, fine by me, but there were specials ALL over the walls and windows. You had to literally get up stand over other customers to read specials, Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t want strangers or non-employees standing over my food and table as I am eating.

So we order. Both of us got the King size Prime Rib with 2 sides for $11.99. Well we waited for our drinks, then we waited for our salads, 15 minutes later out came our food and our drinks and wow our server. SO yes our salads and drinks came out with our dinner. Oh the fun doesn’t stop there. We asked for bakers with our dinners, got mashed and gravy instead. We sent them back only to be told that they were out of bakers, not even offering us a choice mind you. So we ate our shoe leather and asked about dessert. All Homemade! Not even close. LOL.

I do love when places try to pass stuff off to me as homemade when I ask them “Does your Restaurant make it themselves?” Tell me yes and more then likely I’ll know the difference and call you on it.

I give them

1 Golden Chef Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment