Description

Food, Humor, and Restaurant Reviews are what this blog is all about. You'll find humorous stories, delicious recipes that are tried many times over before I place them on my site. My Golden Chef's Hat are what I use to rate each Restaurant I visit. A 1 is the worst, a 5 being the best. Feel free to leave comments on the Restaurant in question if you've ever been there!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chili Debate.....

My friend "L" LOVES to inform me that REAL chili has no beans, isn't made with chicken nor is it made with all the variations that I make in.

Does anyone really know where the very first chili was made? NOOOOOO. It could have been made in China with rice or in Russia with herring. So what is real Chili then?

I love pushing his buttons on food. After all he thinks excellent food comes from a ready to eat package. LOL. You know I'm only teasing, but it is funny "L". You and I both know what a food critic you are when it comes to food period.

God love him though for his imput, whether us cooks like it or not. I always know I can get an honest answer out of him when it comes to my recipes.

Now the real question is, will he answer the question: Do you know where the very first Chili was made? to back his statement where Chili is concerned.

Ok I have his answer. LOL, I think he googled it. But how can we be 100% sure still? LOL

"L's" Answer;
 
"Yes actually i do have that informatiom.  Mexico guadalarjua province.  That was early 1700's very bad weather year so many of animals were eaten to feed the citizens.  Beans were added as the food moved north where vegitables were more plentiful.  Constant fued between Texas and New Mexico on chilli or chile question.  New mexico chile has no meat and is all veggie.  Texaas chilli is meat only.  Con carne is with beans.. Now many people think it is just a seasoning ..lol nanner nanner"

No comments:

Post a Comment