Description

Food, Humor, and Restaurant Reviews are what this blog is all about. You'll find humorous stories, delicious recipes that are tried many times over before I place them on my site. My Golden Chef's Hat are what I use to rate each Restaurant I visit. A 1 is the worst, a 5 being the best. Feel free to leave comments on the Restaurant in question if you've ever been there!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Julie & Julia the Movie and a Challenge

The other night I rented Juilie and Julia. I was thrilled with the movie! I thought it was going to be another boring movie that I could predict like I do about 90% of the movies I watch. That wasn't the case. Instead, it challenged me and my cooking.

The movie made me want to issue a challenge to myself since I'm one of those people who start things only to never finish them. I have started cookbooks, novel's, blogs, projects and never completed one of them, so I sat down and tried to think of a challenge to myself that I could finish and finish it well.

I thought about recipe writing, putting out cooking challenges, working from other's cookbooks, baking challenges (since I'm not much for baking), 2 ingredient challenges, and many more exciting food challenges to get my creativity back. SO I am stuck at a pass, which challenge do I do?

Here is what I came up with....

I'm going to choose one main ingredient a week and try 7 new dishes. A new ingredient will be picked every week by my readers and the recipes will be posted along with my families reviews. I think that will be a fun challenge to myself and to others who care to participate.

The first challenge will start Sunday, December 13th, 2009 and run through the 19th, with the new ingredient being picked on December 17th for the following week. SO every friday a new ingredient will be choosen for the following week. At the end of each month I will pick one reader from all the votings and they will win a yummy Culinary prize. So there will be a winner once a month!

So start posting your ingredient for me to cook. The ingredient recommended the most is the winning ingredient!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh ... kind of like your own little Iron Chef, eh?!?! Very cool!
    Well, I am going to recommend the "secret ingredient" I saw the other night on IC ... CHOCOLATE! If you do it like they did, some dishes can be sweet, some spicy, and some savory.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    This is a fun idea, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I think it will be as well. I like the idea of Chocolate used as an ingredient. By tomorrow morning it just may be, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great movie, it inspired me to start a blog.

    ReplyDelete